" My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast!
I will sing and make a melody!"


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

~Humility~


Down in the green and shady bed
A modest violet grew
Its stalk was bent, it hung its head,
As if to hide from view.

And yet it was a lovely flower,
It's color bright and fair.
It might have graced a rosy bower,
Instead of hiding there.

Yet there it was content to bloom,
In modest tints arrayed,
And there it spreads its sweet perfume,
Within the silent shade.

Then let me to the valley go,
This pretty flower to see,
That I may also learn to grow,
In sweet humility.
~Jane Taylor "The Violet"

" For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and the one who humbles himself will be exalted." Luke 14:11


Blessings,

3 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Lovely picture and words!!! :)

Stephanie L.S. said...

I liked that poem! Very nice

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Amen to that poem...God Bless.