*A Southern Girl*
"A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. We know how to make sweet tea and grits. We pick our battles and fight with the heart of a pitbull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Our mystique is that of the soft-spoken, mild- mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her mama and will always be a daddy's girl."
What southerners know about:
1. The difference between a hissie fit and a conniption fit.
2. What general direction, 'cattywumpus' is.
3. That "gimme sugar" don't mean pass the sugar.
4. When somebody's "fixin" to do somethin', it won't be long.
5. A good dog is worth its weight in gold.
6. Real gravy don't come from the store.
7.The War of Northern Aggression was over state rights, not slavery.
8.When "by and by" is.
9.The difference between "pert' near" and "a right far piece."
10.The differences between a redneck, a good ol' boy, & trailer trash.
11.Never to go snipe hunting twice. (yep)
12.A belt serves a greater purpose than holding Daddy's pants up.
13.Rocking chairs and swings are guaranteed stress relievers.
14.Rocking chairs and swings with an old person in them are history lesson
I think I'll add my own:
15. The best way to go fishin' is with a four-wheeler and a bag of dog food. (don't ask, it's another story)
16. You know that catfish from the 'uther night' is just as good for breakfast.
17. The best form of entertainment for 10 girl cousins is NOT Hannah Montana, it's standin' in Grandma's creek with plastic cups catchin' crawdaddys :)
18. You know proper "Anglish" You don't say Nashville, you say, "Nashvulle"
19. "Cotton don't grow on no sheep." :)
20. What the heck is sunscreen?
"When life hands you a lemon put it in a glass of sweet tea and thank God you're a SOUTHERN GIRL!!"
I can relate to ALL of these. :) If you get a chance, visit the blog that I got this from:
An AMAZING Story
2 weeks ago