" My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast!
I will sing and make a melody!"


Saturday, January 2, 2010

This Side of the Cross...

Here's a poem I wrote for Resurrection Day last year (It's set to the tune,
'Amazing Grace':



This side of the the cross,
Grows brighter still,
While walking along,
The way;
In my Savior's arms,
I'm safely calm,
It's here I'll choose
To stay.

This side of the cross,
Though filled with grief,
Is sweet and laced with light;
I'll forever keep,
My Savior's grace,
And joy within,
My sight.



This side of the cross,
Has many snags,
But my strength will always
lie;
In He who died,
And took my place,
So I will never,
Die.

This side of the cross,
A narrow road,
Is old and worn,
With love;
From many who,
Laid down their load,
To seek a home above.



This side of the cross,
Will end one day,
When faith shall end,
In sight,
I'll know the Christ,
Who made the way,
To clear my dark,
To light.

This side of the cross,
Praise God's name,
He showed us how,
To love;
And showed the ones,
Who live in pain,
Of His eternal,
Love.


" Be alert, stand firm in the faith, be brave and strong. Your every action must be done with love." 1 Corinthians 16:13

Blessings,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice Poem, Kathrann! :)

•Karis Brown• said...

What a wonderful song writer you are Kathrann! I loved it. It was so beautiful!

Blessings,
Karis