" My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast!
I will sing and make a melody!"


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The American Legacy Challenge




Did any of you know that September is National Constitution Month?

I believe that every American should:

#1 Memorize the first 10 amendments to the Constitution,
#2 Memorize the Preamble to the Constitution
#3 Read the Constitution at least once through
#4 Read “The Light and the Glory” by David Manuel and Peter Marshall
#5 Watch “The American Heritage Series” by David Barton

www.wallbuilders.com <>


So, in honor of this day, I propose a challenge. Do these 3 things,

*Memorize the first 10 amendments to the Constitution

*Memorize the Preamble to the Constitution
*Read the Constitution through once


By December 31, 2010.


Who's with me? Are their any His-Story buffs out there who want to take up the challenge? Leave me a comment with your name and blog address (It will NOT be published) and I'll follow your blog and put it on a list that I'll post occasionally of people who are taking up the challenge. I'll also put up the document I'll be working on so that you can do it too, or you can choose a different subject to work on. You don't have to do them in any particular order.

It is important that we as American citizens know why and how, our nation is free. If we know the facts, we can keep our nation, “One nation, under GOD...”

“ Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
~ 2 Corinthians 3:17


Soli Deo Gloria!

1 comment:

Kristina Clemens said...

I just love your quote in the sidebar about a man finding God to find the woman. I shared it with my husband (an associate pastor) and we both were moved by it profoundness. =)
Kristina J.