" My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast!
I will sing and make a melody!"


Monday, September 28, 2009

Bluegrass Festival Fun!

This past weekend, Saturday and Sunday afternoon, we went to the 5th annual Ryan Holladay Bluegrass Festival!! We've been to his 1st and 4th one before. Ryan has been playing the banjo since he was 4 and played at the Grand Ol'e Opry at 5. Since then, he's been to Japan, and played with most of the top bluegrass performers, including, Ricky Scaggs, Earl Scruggs, Chris Thile, Sierra Hull, and many more. He had some pretty big names at his festival this year, Dailey and Vincent, The Tony Rice Unit, and The travelin' McCourys. He's named the West Tennessee Mandolin and banjo champion, and is one of the top ten guitarists in the nation.
Anyway, it's always fun, and motivational to go to bluegrass festivals and open jams. We met a young lady who plays the fiddle yesterday, she doesn't live very far from us, and we're going to enter the Holladay Fiddler's Jamboree in April 2010, Lord willing!! I thought I would share what I've been doin' this weekend. Me and my sister, Grace, who plays mandolin, can't wait to start really jammin' together.

-Kathrann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I awarded you!! Come to my blog and check it out!

Mikaela said...

We feel so blessed to have met you and your family at the festival this year. It was meant to be!! We are so thankful now that M has some new friends to play bluegrass with. It has inspired her to do more with her music these last couple of weeks. We are looking forward to many more "jam sessions" with you guys!

Shelly & Mikaela L.